Here is the bulk of the supplies.
I also used: a foam brush to apply the glue, tooth picks to hold the eggs as I applied the glue and glitter and to hold them while they dried, and I used a block of green florist's foam to keep them upright as they dried.
I tried a couple of different techniques before realizing that the simplest one worked the best. At first I added water to the glue so it would spread better. The water made the glue not adhere to the plastic:-( I tried spray adhesive. The glitter didn't stick very well to it, also I had a hard time spraying the egg without spraying my fingers.:-(:-( Finally, I used the glue at regular strength. Oh well. I think I was just looking for an excuse to use spray adhesive.
I had some really chunky glitter and I thought it would be fun if I tried it on one egg. I ended up with...
a tranny egg.